Fears

Alright?

Two days ago I had a Dentist appointment. Why am I posting about this? Because I am TERRIFIED of the Dentist...still. At 16 years old. I don't really know what the fear surrounding the Dentist is for me, I think its more the anxiety of knowing that bad news could be coming. Im fine with being at the Dentist; the actual process of a stranger having his hands in my mouth is weirdly fine for me. Its the sitting and waiting trying not to bite his fingers off to find out if you need to have 4 injections and a drill in your mouth that pours fear into my soul. My parents actually have to not tell me when I'm going because I'm that scared. When i first started this blog in 2014 before i went to Florida i had my first ever filling after 15 years of having 'healthy' teeth. Knowing this I shouldn't be scared anymore because the injections don't hurt as bad as you'd imagine and you can wear headphones to drown out the noises. (Even then the drilling sound really isn't nearly as bad as they make it out to be in the movies). Despite all this, I'm still scared.
         Regarding this fear of mine, some people would say I'm mad to be afraid of something that benefits my overall health and I do see what an irrational fear it is and how stupid I sound writing this post. But what I wanted to get across is that you can't disregard others fears. When I was sat in the waiting room I could feel others judging me because i was shaking and just terrified for my name to be called and it was horrible. It made me even worse because I was then worrying of what others thought and my main problem. So just next time someone tells you they're afraid of something, even if its of a butterfly that seems harmless to you, please don't tell them they shouldn't be scared and compare their fear to something that to yourself seems more rational. Just comfort them and help them through the process. 
     Yeah, that probably made zero sense and nobody relates but feel free to tell me any fears you have.

Grace :)

Comments

Popular Posts