Gel Nails

After being a nail biter for what seems like my whole life I decided to stop the nasty habit once and for all.And I've stuck to it! Im not sure how, but I think the key for me was allocating 'Biting nails' and slowly but surely working it down to none. So now that I have these new, long nails (For me at least), how was I going to keep them around? The answer was Gel polish.

Ive tried acrylic nails here and there for holidays or times when I just wanted to have long nails, but they always destroyed my natural nails for about 3 months after having them. So I decided to put a ban on those...at least for now. For Christmas my best friend gave me a Ciaté Gel manicure kit which worked wonders, but sadly I'm not very gifted in nail painting so I would peel it off after a couple of days. Then came the last, and probably best, resort: getting a gel manicure!

I thought id show you a picture of before and after and give my honest review of the manicure! They range from £15-£25 in the UK which isn't too bad considering they're meant to last up to 4 weeks without chipping. That does come with the downside of only being able to wear one colour and see the nail growth but its better than short, bitten down nails in my opinion.

Here is a picture of my nails day of the manicure. I know it doesn't look long to some people but for me thats a good length, oh and my pinkie was having a bit of a rough time!





Here is two weeks later:


(Sadly my pinkie nail got ripped off, it hurt as bad as it looks!)


They lasted amazing, it was well worth getting them. The colour choice was exceptional: there was around 100 colours to choose from, and the shine pretty much lasted the full two weeks! As I said before they do grow out but its nice to see it doesn't completely destroy your nails from all the filing like Acrylic nails would. Some do say you're stuck with the colour for 2 weeks but you can always go back and change it, at a price of course. Overall, id rate them a 8.5/10! If you have the means and feel like giving them a go, do!

Comments

Popular Posts