Summer 2017 trends




Hello!

 I have now finished college for the summer and can now invest more of my time into my passions! I do have a massive summer assignment so bear with me on posts! 

Today I will be showing 3 fashion trends for summer 2017 that I personally love and will be following, and 2 that I'm not so keen on and will leave for everyone else!

Womens Gingham Crinkle Shorts - MonochromeFirstly, gingham. This isn't a new pattern by any means, and can be seen throughout womenswear however I love the modern twist we've been seeing by partnering it with embroidery and placing the pattern on on-trend clothing items such as bardot tops and cigarette trousers! Topshop and Zara do some lovely Gingham pieces which are affordable especially with the Student discount at Topshop; always comes in handy!


Image result for braletteBralettes and bodysuits are once again in the spotlight this summer. Whether its a sporty crop top esque bralette or an ever so girly lingerie looking bralette, I'm behind this! They're so easy to slip on if you're going on a quick errand and want to look like you've made an effort or if you're going on a night out you can really make a statement by wearing a smaller one with a mini skirt! I do think they can sometimes look like swimwear though so be careful! 

Bright colours. This one may seem a little vague, however if you walk into any store whether it be high street or high end there will be at least 3 items that you have to wear a pair of sunglasses to look at! 


Image result for gucci slogan tee
Slogans. This is a hit or miss for me. Personally, shops such as H&M and Forever 21 can either hit the nail on the head with their simple slogan tees or miss the ball by overdoing it or having a top that makes no sense! Topshop and bigger brands such as Gucci and Steel a McCartney are also jumping on the slogan tee trend. From feminist empowerment to a funny 'I <3 Tacos' tee, theres a slogan for everyone on the market right now!


The 80's. The 80's are making their comeback and personally I'm not the biggest lover of this. I don't particularly like the shiny, vinyl look or the super shiny almost space like silver and gold clothing. Wide shoulders and skinny waists are definitely not for me as I was 'lucky' enough to be blessed with these anyway and really don't want to accentuate that fact! But, if you can make it work then I say go for it! 

So there you go, summer 2017 trends I love and don't love. Obviously this is only my opinion so don't take it too seriously! Hope you enjoyed reading.

Grace 

Comments

Popular Posts