Essie Couture Gel polish.

For about a year I used to have Acrylic nails done every 2 weeks, this made them look great but what I didn't realise was how ruined my nails underneath were getting. I understand the technician you go to does matter and any tools used will in some way damage your natural nails, however not giving them a break was making the effect even worse.

After seeing photos on instagram of natural nails with amazing polish design I decided to take my Acrylics off for good. It has been about 4 months and the abrasions on my nails have almost grown out. My nails are finally getting strong after being stripped layer by layer and ive actually found a Polish that works! Its Essie's Couture Gel polish.

This polish isn't actually a traditional gel formula as you don't need a UV light to cure it, however the staying power and shine is just as good and half the price! Saying that, the polishes are pricier than most at £9.99 each, but the staying power and consistent shine you receive is worth every penny!

I currently have 3 shades from the range and the top coat of course, that is what seals the polish and provides the 2 week wear time I can gain from it. These polishes give an even and opaque finish, however i've found that if you like a solid colour and not just a natural shine from the lighter polishes such as ' fairy tailor' you will need to use more than one coat; not that thats a negative!

The bottles are a unique shape like they've been twister, and the handle of the actual bush is also twisted so the polish doesn't drip down onto the brush for an easier application. The shape makes the polishes easier to hold as they fit nicely into the crook of your hand which I didn't expect.  They also save you time as I find these polishes dry quickly if you apply a thin, even coat and they don't become thick if you decide to add more than two coats.

Overall, these are the best 'gel' polishes i've tried to date and because they last just as long as an in store manicure they are well worth the price! The time and money saved form these polishes mean I will be purchasing more in the future and I hope the range continues to grow!
From left to right: Make the cut, Hang up the heels, Fairy tailor and Top coat.

Have you tried any of the Essie Couture Gel polishes? If you have or have found a similar holy grail polish please let me know! 


Grace x 

Comments

  1. I love your blog! I'll have to try these as they sound great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

Popular Posts