The Body Shop 3-step cleansing routine review.

Recently my skin has been worse than it usually is with spots appearing just as another has gone. Instead of picking at them and trying 100 different ways of trying to get rid of 
the spots, I thought I would go back to basics and just use a simple, 3 step cleansing routine. When I worked at L'Occitane they always recommended to Cleanse, Tone and Moisturise but since leaving I have added a few more steps such as oils, exfoliating pads and eye creams. I know all these can and will help, but finding the right ones can take a lot of trial and error. 


The reason I ventured into The Body Shop is because I had heard good things about the Camomile Cleansing Balm, however when I went into store to try it I couldn't get the tin open as the product has almost suctioned it closed! I knew this was going to happen at home to so I opted for their Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil.  I like to use an oil cleanser as I have tried some cream and foaming ones in the past but for my skin type oil seems to work well. Since taking the photo above I am now onto my second bottle of this which shows how good it is. It hasn't caused me any redness or irritation, (unlike the Liz Earl Cleanse and Polish!), and removes my makeup quite well. It does struggle to remove my mascara although that is waterproof. The Camomile cleanser is £12 which I don't think is atrociously priced, especially compared to L'Occitane's £19 oil or the DHC oil at £24. I do prefer the texture of the L'Occitane cleansing oil, its definitely silkier and is easier to work into the skin; I feel I do have to use more product with the Body Shop to fully remove my makeup. I will continue to purchase the cleansing oil until I either find another which I prefer more or for some reason it causes me irritation! 

Next, to tone I picked up their Vitamin E Hydrating Toner. This 250ml bottle is £8. I didn't opt for the toner in the Camomile range as the lady recommended the vitamin E for hydration. I know how important toning is in your routine to add back all the oils and goodness you've stripped away from cleansing and to remove any excess makeup so toning was a step I wan't going to miss. I really like the smell of the toner, and how cooling it is on the skin after cleansing. I wouldn't say its moisturising but as a step I do feel it adds some life back into my skin. I may try another toner from The Body Shop when this one runs out just to see if I notice any difference between them!

Finally, I picked up their Vitamin E Face cream, the intense version for dry skin. I opted for this as it was the thickest, (in my mind that equaled the most moisturising!), and matched the toner. I believe all their skincare can be used day or night and I do. The smell isn't offensive although you can definitely smell it for a while after you apply. It sinks into the skin really quickly which is a huge plus as I cannot stand moisturisers which leave a residue or you feel on your skins for hours after application. It does what it says on the tin, I haven't found it particularly brightening or anything other than moisturising, but when you're paying £14 can you complain?



Overall, I'm really impressed with this 3-step routine from The Body Shop. I understand why I've heard such good things and will continue to try out new products from there until I find what suits my skin best. I haven't had worse breakouts since using these products although I don't think they have cleared them up either. I did purchase the Vitamin E Day Lotion SPF30 as I was told it was just an SPF not a moisturiser too, so I am intrugued to see what that is like after my current moisturiser has ran out. 

Please do let me know what your favourite moisturiser is and if you have any recommendations!

Grace.

Comments

Popular Posts