Most worn items 2019!

Happy New Year!!

As it is the start of January I thought I would post and sum up my most worn items from the last 6 months of 2019. I'll be doing this every 6 months to see what I keep wearing and what I don't wear as much, as a way of knowing what I like to wear and shop smarter. Obviously the seasons will change but I don't think the foundations of my overall outfits will too much.

Outerwear:

Firstly, this black coat I got from a dress agency a few years ago. It has been probably the best purchase I have ever made. It has a furry lining and a gorgeous suedette feel. Being black this coat goes with everything and is just the right amount of oversized to fit jumpers under but does not drown me.








Tops: 

This Joseph shirt is so amazing. Its neutral colour and classic shape means I've been able to wear it out to dinner, 2 interviews and shopping with friends. This shirt will last me a lifetime. It is classic piece but has the twist of a grandad collar and exaggerated cuffs.










Secondly, my H&M Jumper has been my go-to on days where I just want to get up and go. 
It's made from Alpaca and wool so it is a bit itchy, but its the perfect layering piece and they grey is just the right shade. Its not too oversized which makes it different to the others I have. Love it!






Bottoms: 

My two favourite pairs of jeans are the style 'straight' by Topshop; I buy my jeans from the Tall section there and they are the only one which are high enough on my waist and are truly an ankle length. The shades are just perfect, a pair of light wash blue and slightly faded black. Both these pairs of jeans just fit like a glove and I wear them pretty much everyday. I will 100% be buying another pair in a wash between the two, or even a backup just incase anything happens to them!

My other jean favourite comes from ARKET, their 'Relaxed' fit are a great length for me, a little longer than the Topshop and a little wider too. I love this pair for when I'm having a day where I don't want to look too put together. They are pretty much the same wash as the previous Topshop pair but have a little bit more of a distressed vibe.

Shoes:

My absolute favourite pair of shoes this year have been my Zara Boots. I debated for a while how much I'd wear them before I bought them, worrying they'd be too formal for everyday. But, these boots have been worn at least three times a week since the first day I wore them. The heel is not uncomfortable at all, the toe not too pointed and the more they are worn the better they look! I'm so glad I got them and don't think I'll ever find a black boot to beat them!



3 New Year Predictions:

Since this is all about seeing how my style evolves, I thought I'd also include 3 predictions of what I think I'll still be loving in 6 months time. These are items I've only gotten within the last month but I know I'll probably love just as much as those previous. 







Firstly, for Christmas I received these Veja trainers. I love what the brand stands for and how sustainable it is. The design is so classic and they are a great pair of trainers to throw on as they will go with everything. They haven't hurt at all and so if I'm still loving this pair in 6 months, I may pick up another for summer!








The next piece is this white cashmere jumper from H&M. I had eyed up this jumper every time I went in for about 3 months, but just couldn't 100% justify the price. I finally bit the bullet and am so glad I did. This jumper is the softest I've ever owned, warm but not stuffy and is a great piece to dress up or down. Before this I did not own a white jumper, and don't think I'll ever need another one!








Finally, this wool-blend coat from H&M. I bought this with my Christmas money as it reminded me of a coat I'd seen on a few bloggers from Toteme. I love how it is so slouchy and oversized so I can layer under it but also has the single breast button and slightly slimmer lapels to still give it some structure. A great coat to layer under larger ones as the weather gets colder but also to wear as a light layer come spring...I can see this becoming my favourite! 




Well, that's it! My favourite piece of 2019. I hope you enjoyed reading this post and are looking forward to the update in 6 months time! Happy new year and see you in my next post.

Grace 







Comments

  1. OMG love the Veja trainers, I have been eyeing those up for months

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

Popular Posts