Cult Beauty 'The Lip Edit' Review.

This weeks post is a review of The Lip Edit by Cult Beauty. I'm a sucker for any lip product so I didn't have to think twice about purchasing. The box contains 5 lip products, mostly lip balms/ care, none of which I have tried before.  The release came at a perfect time as my current lip balm, Drunk Elephants 'Lippe Balm' has just about run out. (There was actually about another 2 weeks worth I was able to scoop out!) According to Cult Beauty the box is worth £55 but is sold for £20. Of course these reviews are only how they work on me and my opinion so bear than in mind when reading.


So, what is in the box?


Grace's Guide


1. Nuxe Réve de miel. £11. Full Size. 

This product is so luxurious. This particular variant is a limited edition version containing honey, botanical oils and propolis so is super hydrating and the texture doesn't feel sticky or thick. I've mixed it with sugar too to create a great lip exfoliator.  The only problem I've faced it as it does contain honey and Shea balm, it is very solid in the cold weather, so you have to warm it up before use.

Grace's Guide


2. Huda Beauty Silk Balm. £N/A. Mini. 

I expected this product to be very sticky and more of a lip gloss than balm. But I found it does moisturise my lips really well and wears nicely too. The smell is my favourite of the 5 products, like almonds and vanilla. The soybean and liquorice extract are really great to smooth the lips but I don't find it particularly plumping which it claims to be. There isn't much of a colour to it, which I don't mind although it would be nice! I will definitely be repurchasing this.

Grace's Guide

3. Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Lip Pop. £19.50. Full Size.

The Lip Pop is what initially drew me to the box, I had seen it advertised on Glow Recipe's Instagram as they have just increased the size and altered the ingredients. There is Coconut sugar and hibiscus-derived AHAs which are meant to exfoliate the lips when applying, although I haven't really see this since using it. The slight pink colour is nice for me personally, it is quite a vibrant pink when a few layers are applied so not a product I would necessarily use on its own. I really like the smell, very fruity and sweet. I'm really pleased I purchased this within the box as I don't think I would spend almost £20 on this product alone.


Left, Huda Beauty. Right, Glow Recipe.




4. Patchology FlashPatch Hydrating Lip Gels. £3. Full Size.

Before this I had never tried a lip mask before, as I saw them as a gimmick. Since January my lips have been extra dry which was another incentive to buy the Lip Edit. The mask smells AMAZING, which I didn't expect, and it grips really well so I was not adjusting it every 2 minutes like you do eye patches. I left it on for 10 minutes and afterwards my lips definitely looked plumper and healthier, but didn't really feel any more moisturised so I followed with the Nuxe lip balm. 


5. Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Kiss Cupuaçu Lip Butter. £15. Full Size.

This balm is great, feels really nice and smells amazing, but doesn't offer anything different to what the Drunk Elephant one did. Plus the applicator is very large so its quite difficult to use. It works really well under many of my other lip products which was a tip from the Cult Beauty website. The cupuaçu, açaí and coconut oil are great ingredients to have and it wears really nice, doesn't leave any residue or leave the lips feeling dry after it has worn off. Of course I'll continue to use it, especially as it reminds me of holidays.




So there you go! I hope this gave you the information you needed to see if it would be something you'd like to purchase, or one of the products individually. I'll certainly be repurchasing a product or two once I have used these up, which should be a while yet! Grace

Comments

Popular Posts