Thanks for the memories Topshop!

 As Topshop has now been acquired by ASOS, and they won't have any bricks and mortar stores anymore; I thought it would be fun to look back on all the trendy pieces that many teenagers across the country and I wore thanks to Topshop. Although in recent years it's become less of an icon on the high street, I'll still miss spending an hour in the Birmingham store going up and down the escalators searching for something to buy. 




1. Geek tops. 

Geek t-shirts and jumpers were everywhere in 2012, I'm still not sure why. In fact they were so in demand that within my personal appointment they had actually ran out so I had to buy the jumper version instead; a tragedy. 

Image result for geek jumper topshop


2. Disco pants. 

Thanks to Zoella in 2014 every girl had a pair of Disco pants, basically a shiny legging. Paired with your favourite crop top and vans, you couldn't go wrong.


Image result for zoella disco pants



3. The green parka.

 A nice long parka with oversized fur hood was the perfect coat to pair with anything you might want to wear. They were actually quite practical, so not the worst trend ever.

Image result for topshop green parkas

green parka with blue fur on hood, Topshop


4. Classic bomber jacket. 

This was my first "real" purchase with a few weekend wages saved up. I'ts now in storage as I can't get rid of it; I think it could be classed as vintage on Depop now?

 



5. Frilly socks. 

A frilly sock paired with an ankle boot OR jelly shoe was a classic choice for your weekend outfit in 2014. I wouldn't hate it if they came back.

Image result for topshop frilly socks


6. Mustache's. 

 I'm not quite sure why every teenager loved a moustache in 2012, but they were on everything. I may have had 2 necklaces with them on myself. 

    Image result for topshop moustache

7. Joni Jeans. 

The best until last. Topshop's skinny Joni jeans reigned supreme throughout the 2010's, with their lack of belt loops and almost sprayed on effect they were a firm favourite. Thankfully they're still available on ASOS, the world wouldn't feel right without them.


 


So there we have it! A trip down Topshop memory lane. Let me know what trends you've bought at Topshop too. Grace 


Comments

Popular Posts