Wednesday Wants |7.


Welcome back to the first Wednesday wants of the year!
 This week I thought I would create a list of books I want to read over these next few months. I used to read all the time when I was younger and as everyone seems to do, I've just stopped over the passed few years. I do really enjoy reading and devour books on holiday so want to get back into it in 2020. One of my resolutions was to read a book a month, or more if I can, so I've been looking at Good read recommendations. 

Related imageImage result for playing nice



















The first two are by the author JP Delaney. The books are called Playing Nice and The Perfect Wife. I've previously read Believe me and The Girl Before, which were absolutely amazing. I've always been able to guess the ending of a book, or see what is coming a mile off, but not once have I ever guessed what will happen within Dalaney's books. I love not only the writing style, but they are never too long that you end up skim reading pages just to get to the end. I can't wait to read these next two as I'm sure I will love them just as much as the first. 



Image result for little women book

Little Women, by Louise May Alcott. I'm cheating here as I have already started this one. I'm about half way through and I couldn't help but go and see the movie before finishing the book. (Which is amazing by the way.) I'm struggling with the period writing. Its not too difficult to read or understand the storyline I just can't figure out what some of the old terminology means within the context! Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy are amazing characters and each have their own arc which is rare.I love the messaged and lessons within the book which are just as relevant now as they were when first written. As someone with a sister I can completely relate to parts of the story and I think that's why it hits home so much! The fact it is still relevant and loved today 150 years after it was released just goes to show how great this book is, and I cannot wait to finish it!


Related image

Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil returns. I've only just recently read The Devil wears Prada this last summer and loved it, and only this Christmas holiday have I watched the film! So I think its only fitting that I read the sequel. An easy read with a storyline easy to follow. I know I'll enjoy this and hopefully its just as good as the first! 


Image result for handmaids tale book

Next, The Handmaids Tale. I haven't watched any of the series and its literally won countless awards. Now the television series is on its 3rd season I think its defiantly time I start reading. I'm not 100% sure what it is about but with such great reviews I can't wait to find out! 


The Insecure Girl's Handbook (Hardback)

Finally, The Insecure Girls Handbook. I've been following the Instagram behind this book and the instagram of the author for a while so can't wait for this book to be released in February and get reading.

Let me know any of your favourite book recommendations in the comments. Until next time,
Grace

Comments

Popular Posts