Not just a dupe!

Everyone has gone shopping and found the garment of their dreams, seen the price, (thought about never buying any item of clothing again if it means you could just have this one), and reluctantly put it back. 


This is a situation I've been in many, many times and have then spent hours searching online website for items which are similar which are within my budget. I don't ever really look for exact copies, as I think I'd rather wait until I can have the real deal, but finding items which have the same essence as the original are where my preferences lie. In this post I have founnd items that I would love to be able to have the essence of in my wardrobe. Brands are brining out their pieces meant for Spring/Summer so these will mostly be looking forwards towards those. 



One of my best friends works at Harvey Nichols, (shoutout Morgan), and as soon as she showed me this dress I just about died. Sadly, I did too at the price. I loved the colour and the ruched detail of the skirt, as a dress for a summer party or even when you have a special night out on holiday, a really versatile piece. 

   Black One Shoulder Ruched Satin Bodycon Dress image 1    


From left to right:

The Line By K, Sisilia ruched hammered-satin skirt, £160 £48.
This is exactly what I mean by essence, its not a dress, but still has the same ruching detail and gorgeous colour on par of the original. This is something you can dress up or down and will be a great addition to your wardrobe.

Pretty Little Thing, Black One Shoulder Ruched Satin Bodycon Dress, £22.
This dress also feature the one sleeve and side ruching detail of the origional, just a mini version. I still enjoy the satin style finish and the choice of colour options too.
  
Norma Kamali, Diana Gown, £208.
This once again boasts a similar colour to the original which would be so gorgeous on holiday, but also a similar neckline with the one shoulder and way the material gathers throughout the length of the dress. Stunning. 





Neous, Isia leather sandals, £345.


Knot strips sandals  - Article without model


From left to right:


These are a pair with a similar toe to the origional, but are higher and therefore would need the ankle strap to help support the foot. With a maxi dress you'd never know the difference!

& Other Stories, Strappy Knotted Heeled Sandals, £79 £55.
I love these sandals from Stories, I did try them on a while ago but as it was approaching winter I couldn't justify buying sandals! The heel isn't too high a similar height to the original. 

Mango, Knot strips sandals, £35.99.
This pair of shoes are the closest to the origional, and they're a pair I have loved since Mango dropped them. I think the heel is a great height for day or night, and I love the crossing over of the straps. I still love a square toe too! These are a pair im considering picking up for summer! 





Pile-lined denim jacket - Denim blue - Ladies | H&M GB  


From left to right:


H&M, Pile-lined denim jacket, £49.99 £30.
This denim jacket has the most traditional elects to it, I do like how the solar almost emulates the exaggerated Borg lapels on the origional. 

Levis, Levi's longline sherpa denim jacket in blue, £115 £80.
This denim jacket is amazing, it has the same longline fit as the origional and similar blue wash. The sleeves are also not as fitted as the H&M one so when rolled down will give that balloon shape of the Isabel Marant jacket. 

Topshop, Light Wash Denim Oversized Car Coat, £65.
As soon as I saw this coat in Topshop it gave me Isabel Marant Vibes. The shape is similar and I enjoy the collar which is curved all around. The lightest wash of the three and I think it gives it a better style for Spring/Summer 2020.




Rachel croc-embossed leather shoulder bag - GREY


  Handbag - Black/Glittery - Ladies | H&M GB 3 

From left to right:

ASOS DESIGN, croc effect 90s shoulder bag, £18.

This bag is the closest to the origional, I love the croc emoting and I think the silver hardware is really complimentary to the black. A similar size to the origional too which for me is more of a night out bag as it won't fit much within it. 

H&M, Handbag, £12.99.

I love the fact that this H&M handbag is wider than the ByFar so it can be used more easily as a day bag, whilst also being in a metallic fabric to elevate it but still stay wearable. I also like the adjustable strap which is similar to the Fendi baguette strap; the zip on the side gives it a more casual vibe too.

Swankyswans, Evalyn Croc Structured Crossbody Clutch Bag, £18.99.
This bag has the same essence as the original, with the rounded edges and croc embossing, I love how it works with the gold hardware too. Not shown is a cross body strap which I think is really practical and works better for on the go compared to the trendy shoulder bag.




So there you go! These items are far more affordable than their counterparts and hopefully you like them just as much! If you have any future ideas please feel free to comment below.

Grace x




Comments

  1. Another brilliant display Grace, well done 💕 x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A superb blog Grace ! And a positive start to the new year, well done 😍 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many memories, Topshop was my brand when I was at uni. Reminising over some of my favourite pieces I still own. My Moto denim jacket which is now 14 years old! My "Chloe" inspired studded boots & a vintage style floral kimono.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

Popular Posts